In 2013, there are 35 million people living with HIV (PLHIV) in the world. 3.2 million of them are children under 15 years old (UNAIDS).In the same year there were 240,000 children were newly infected, and only 24% are receiving treatment.
- There are 190,000 child deaths due to AIDS-related illnesses.
- Every day there are 660 children infected with HIV.
- Every day there are 530 children who died of AIDS-related illnesses.
- In 2013, there were approximately 17.7 million children orphaned because of AIDS.
- In Indonesia, until 2014, there were at least 3.408 children infected with HIV.